As the name goes, Sagar – Sea & Gad – Fort, this place is a perfect tekking destination for both mountain and sea lover. Located in Alibaug - a popular tourist destination; Sagargad is a blissful trekking destination that offers a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from top. From Khandale village, a few hours of ascend across various waterfalls will take you to the summit. As, you reach this gigantic plateau and spend awesome time up there, you’ll enjoy the moment as it’s quite breezy during monsoons. Both Beginners and avid trekkers would love the hike, as it’s picturesque and mesmeric.
- Visit Siddeshwar Ashram
- Take a look at Dhondana Waterfall - Pristine beauty
- Walk through the jungles – Chirping birds enthrall you
- Shiva & GaneshTemple at the top – Lot of stories
- Ruined fortifications and Y shaped fort structure
- Ancient Saptarshi caves
Popular views and peaks
- (Once you’re at the summit take a look at the below mentioned highlights)
- Manikgad , Karnala, Mirgad on the Eastern side.
- Arabian sea, Revdanda Fort on the Western side.
- Towards north one can see Dharamtar creek.
- Ruins of the British Quarters
- Panoramic view of Vanartok Pinnacle
Stories and Historical Significance
King Shivaji won this fort from Adilshah in 1660 A.D.Sagargad was one of the 23 forts which were handed over to Moghuls in the Treaty of Purandar.
Some British officers during 1800's built their retreat homes on this fort.
- 05.30 am - Meet the Chitra Cinema, Dadar (East) and leave for Alibaug
- 06.30 am - Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
- 06.45 am - Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
- 07.00 am - Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
- 09.00 am - Reach Alibaug (Base Village)
- 09.30 am - Enjoy having breakfast
- 10.00 am - Start trekking
- 01.00 pm - Reach the top
- 02.00 pm - Explore and Lunch
- 02.30 pm - Start descending
- 04.30 pm - Reach Base village
- 05.00 pm - Snacks at base village
- 05.30 pm - Start return journey 09.00 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
- Transportation from Mumbai To Mumbai (Non AC Bus).
- Trekking with all safety measures.
- Tea & breakfast
- Evening Refreshments
- First aid kit.
- Mineral Water
- Insurance Coverage.
- Anything not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Identity Proof (must)
- Torch with extra battery (must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
- Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
- Extra pair of clothes, Sleeping Bag, Bed Sheets, etc.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
BHATKANTI MAHARASHTRACHI RULES: -
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Sleeveless, Low neck, Figure hugging, Shirts/Tops, Short Pants, Hot Pant not allowed.
- All our photo, walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Respect the heritage and culture.
- Do not litter, participants are requested to carry - - the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Trek Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer (50% advance payment)
- ‘BHATKANTI’ Group reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
- Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Satyawan Narkar – 9969291951
- Name : Satyawan Narkar
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email - email@example.com
- Online Booking - book Now
- Bank : AXIS BANK
- Branch: Worli Naka
- Account No : 914010057458213
- IFSC Code : UTIB0000653
- UPI : 9969291951@axisbank
- Paytm Number : 9969291951