Ratangad is hill fort in the Sahyadris, near Bhandardara dam. The fort, initially ruled by the Mughals, was conquered by Shivaji Maharaj who loved it like a jewel! It is known to be more than 20 centuries old and is the origin of the enormous river Pravara, also known as Amrutvahini. It boasts of clear views of the Kalasubai peak and the Kokan-Kada (where the Sahyadris descend steeply into Konkan), thus becoming a trekker’s and photographer’s delight. The 1000 year old Amruteshwar temple at Ratanwadi, the base village is a must visit. At the start of trek, the trails leads into a thick forest which will last for one hour. Then you come across long and firmly fitted series of 5 ladders which brings you to the enormous cave where around 50 people can be accommodated comfortably. On the way to the top, there are huge water tanks which trekkers use as a source of water. It is full almost throughout the year. Half an hour trek into knee deep grasses, we reach the top. At the top there is a giant hole caused by wind erosion called ‘The needle’. The view from there is spectacular. A perfect site for photography enthusiast.
Day :1st (Saturday 13 October 2018)Catch the CST-Kasara train as per the timings mentioned.
- 10:50 PM - CST
- 10:57 PM - Byculla
- 11:05 PM - Dadar
- 11:13 PM - Kurla
- 11:18 PM - Ghatkopar
- 11:34 PM - Thane
- 11:57 PM - Dombivali
- 12:07 AM - Kalyan
- 01:18 AM - Kasara
OR Any Train prior to it.
Day : 2nd (Sunday 14 October 2018)
- 04:00 am - Reach base village. Get fresh and ready for the trek.
- 05:00 am - Breakfast
- 5:30 - Have an introduction round followed by important instructions. Start trekking
- 09:00 am - Explore Fort
- 11:30 am - Lunch
- 01:00 pm - Start descending.
- 04:00 pm - Reach the base village.
- 04:15 pm - Start Return journey Kasara.....
Day 2 - 12th October 2018
- 04:00 AM - Reach base village. Get fresh and ready for the trek.
- 05:00 AM - Breakfast
- 05:30 AM - Have an introduction round followed by important instructions. Start trekking
- 09:00 AM - Explore Fort
- 11:30 AM - Lunch
- 01:00 PM - Start descending
- 04:00 PM - Reach the base village
- 04:15 PM - Start Return journey
- Travel from Mumbai to Mumbai by Non AC Bus
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by non ac vehicle
- Up and down Traveling Time tea
- Breakfast and tea
- Lunch / Village Food
- Expertise charge and first aid...
- Anything not mentioned in above inclusion list
- Identity Proof (must)
- Torch with extra battery (must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
- Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
- Extra pair of clothes, Sleeping Bag, Bed Sheets, etc.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
BHATKANTI MAHARASHTRACHI RULES: -
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Sleeveless, Low neck, Figure hugging, Shirts/Tops, Short Pants, Hot Pant not allowed.
- All our photo, walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Respect the heritage and culture.
- Do not litter, participants are requested to carry - - the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Trek Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer (50% advance payment)
- ‘BHATKANTI’ Group reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
- Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Satyawan Narkar – 9969291951
- Name : Satyawan Narkar
- Email - email@example.com
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Booking - book Now
- Bank : AXIS BANK
- Branch: Worli Naka
- Account No : 914010057458213
- IFSC Code : UTIB0000653
- UPI : 9969291951@axisbank
- Paytm Number : 9969291951